Monday, June 24, 2013

Greetings from Istanbul

Well, I'm actually more than halfway there, on a layover in the Istanbul airport. And I now know why Turkish airlines is rated the number1 European airline...despite the nightmare dealing with their reservations agents who spoke varying degrees of English, couldn't confirm seat assignments until days before the flight, and who changed my connection so that I arrive at 3 am in Tanzania, the rating is well deserved because : 1. New clean planes with wifi, big bathrooms, flowers, fancy soaps, service by guy in chefs hat and jacket, real silverware, and a special cake for some honeymooners which puts any other carrier to shame  2. Economy comfort (which no one really tells you really IS the same as business class)for same price as Kim regular coach (only other viable flt option), with another shout out to my sister Jeni for the plane ticket! 3. The most awesome airport lounge I've ever seen, exceeding some catering halls and with as many (free) food stations as a lavish bar mitzvah...Turkish salad bar, Schwarma station, flat bread pizzas cooked to order, cheese carts with more guys in chef hats serving you, fine wine and booze selection, not to mention cans of efes just lined up for the taking.(thats for you, michael!) and even the bathrooms have fresh orchids the likes of an Arlene horowitz rosh hashana delivery run! Did I mention the fresh fruit, espresso, Olive Garden courtyard and player piano? I guess I deserve a last taste of indulgence before my alcohol/shower/plumbing-free climb! For the record, I haveno idea what day or time it is, how many meals I have had in e last 24 hours, how many hours of sleep I've had, or what's in store for the next 24--and I don't care! yolo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment